Ranked Season 30 has begun! Spend your Glory from Season 29 and show off your new ‘drip’ as you reestablish yourself on the freshly reset Ranked ladder!
Top players will again clash in a race of skill to achieve the legendary Valhallan rank! In Ranked Season 30 the Valhallan rank will be accessible on November 1st. Each region has a limited amount of Valhallan ranks available, will you earn the Title this time?
Brawlhalloween stays spooky with the new Ghost Bubble Tag mode in Brawl of the Week! Can you tag what you can’t see?
Loki: The God of Schemes makes his free-to-play Legend Rotation debut! With Jr. Mungandr at his side, Loki competes in his brother’s Grand Tournament with Scythe and Katars!
Make a toast to 8 years of Brawlhalla! Save the date because the festivities begin on November 1st!
At the beginning of every season, there is a soft Elo reset, your placement matches are reset, and you receive Glory – the currency you earn by playing Ranked.
We hope you enjoy the new season!
Soft Elo Reset Formula
Soft Elo Reset is based on your current Elo at the end of the season.
1v1 and 2v2 Personal Rating
- Under 1400: New Elo = Old Elo
- Over 1400: New Elo = 1400 + (Old Elo – 1400) / (3 – (3000 – Old Elo) / 800)
- 2v2 Team and Legend Rating
2v2 Team & Legend Ratings have been brought closer to 750.
- Under 2000: Elo = (Elo + 375) / 1.5
- Over 2000, we aggressively brought you back down as a way of resetting the top tiers.
Glory Earnings Calculation
Glory earned is based on a combination of your Highest Peak Rating (highest 1v1, 2v2, team, or Legend rating/Elo) and total Wins. This was designed in order to reward both skill and dedication for those who pursue Glory.
You gain 20 Glory per win up to 150 wins, which gets you 3000 Glory. After 150 wins, each subsequent win gives you slightly less.
Note: There is a minimum requirement of 10 games played to be eligible for Glory based on your rating. For help estimating your Glory Gained or New Elo after the reset go to: brawlhalla.com/glory-calculator/
Players beginning their Ranked climb have 10 placement matches to better determine their skill level and starting Elo.
- Each season, for Ranked 1v1 and Ranked 2v2, your first 10 matches will serve as placement matches that will have a greater effect on your rating than normal games. Your rating will be hidden until after you have completed your placement matches for that queue.
Valhallan Rank will open on November 1st. To become Valhallan, players must be Ranked in Diamond, have at least 100 wins during the Ranked season, and attain a rating among the top players in their region.
Each region has a limited number of Valhallan positions:
- US-E / EU – Top 150
- SA – Top 100
- SEA / US-W – Top 50
- AUS / JPN – Top 25
- SAF – Top 10
- ME – Top 25
These numbers are based on each region’s population and will be considered for adjustment on a seasonal basis.
Unique Valhallan Rewards
After ranking up, players will immediately receive the Valhallan Avatar, Loading Frame, and Season Title Reward.
Valhallan Loading Frame:
- Unlike other Ranked Loading Frames, the Valhallan Loading Frame can only be used while the player is currently in the Valhallan rank. Players are granted it immediately upon achieving Valhallan, and if they are pushed out of Valhallan rank, the Loading Frame will be revoked when the daily reset occurs (9am UTC/5am EDT/2am PDT).
Valhallan Title Reward:
- Players are awarded a Title immediately upon achieving Valhallan. Each season will have a unique Valhallan Title Reward. The Title is never revoked, regardless of rank.
- Instead of an Avatar that upgrades at the end of each season, the Valhallan Avatar is awarded immediately upon achieving Valhallan.
- The Valhallan Avatar has two states: active and inactive. The active Avatar is rewarded immediately upon achieving the Valhallan rank but can be downgraded to the inactive “Fallen” state if players fall out of Valhallan rank when the daily reset occurs.
- To reactivate the Avatar, players need to reach the Valhallan rank again. Players will retain ownership of the Avatar between seasons, but it will be in the “Fallen” state at the start of every season.
Ranked Borders from Season 29
If you placed Gold, Platinum, or Diamond at any point in the season, you are given a Ranked border based on your highest rank that other players can see in the match preview screen. These will last for one season and will be updated again after the new season comes to a close.
Your border from any previous season does not carry over or have any impact on your current border reward.
Ranked Avatars from Season 29
Ranked Avatars include prestigious versions for those who’ve placed in high ranks during previous seasons. For example, if you placed in Platinum last season and Gold this season, you’ll receive the upgraded versions of the Competitor’s Badge and Gold Emblem. You will still have your original Platinum Emblem Avatar from previous seasons.
You must play a minimum of 10 games to receive Ranked Avatars / Borders at ANY rank.
- Competitor’s Badge: Awarded to anyone who plays 10 Ranked Games or more.
- Gold Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Gold or above.
- Platinum Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Platinum or above.
- Diamond Emblem: Awarded to players who finish at Diamond.
- Upgraded versions of Ranked Avatars are awarded to those who have earned the same Avatar in any previous season.
For players who have reached the 5th Tier of an Avatar by reaching a certain rank or higher for five total seasons: the 5th Tier of that Avatar will stay in your inventory permanently! Congratulations on your achievements!
The 6th Tier Avatar, for those who have reached a certain rank or higher for six total seasons, will take on a brand new look! These Avatars will grow more and more prestigious with each subsequent seasonal repeat up to Tier 10, at which point the Tier 10 Avatar will remain in your inventory permanently.
In short, every 5 Tiers of Avatars, you’ll keep the most awesome, most decked out version permanently, and then start work on a new version for subsequent tiers for 6-10, 11-15, and so on.
Players can continue to earn Glory mid-season and earn exclusive Title Rewards. With every new season, the Seasonal Ranked Queue’s Elo will do a full reset.
Seasonal Ranked Game Mode – 3v3 Crew Battles
Get ready for the ultimate Crew Battle game mode! Get the team together and unleash your inner power for a totally epic 3v3 match. When you lose a stock, the next team member in your crew spawns in, ready to fight. Be the first team to come out on top!
Exclusive Ranked Rewards – Skyforged & Goldforged!
Beyond glory there is immortality! In Mallhalla, in the “Ranked” tab, players can spend their hard-earned Glory to purchase Skyforged Colors, Weapons, UI Theme, Emotes, and Sidekicks. Skyforged Colors are only usable on Legends that have reached level 5 or greater.
Players can also purchase Goldforged items, which require the purchase of the Skyforged version of the same item. Show your strength with these exclusive Ranked items!
Let’s make a toast to 8 years of Brawlhalla! Artemis and Diana have put together their best celebratory outfits. A new Sidekick also joins the party, along with 3 new Emojis dressed to the nines. Save the date, the festivities begin on November 1st!
Phase in and out of visibility as you strike your opponents to capture them in bubbles in this intergalactic war! You and your opponents go invisible when not using powers. Bubbled players can’t attack and have limited movement, but you can free them by tagging them. Capture the entire enemy team to score a point. The first team to 5 points wins!
- Bubble Tag Game Mode
- Ghost Brawl rules – players go invisible when not using powers.
- Capture your opponents in bubbles by striking them!
- Bubbles are visible. Free your teammates by attacking or running into them.
- Bubbled players can even dash to their teammates or away from opponents!
- First team to 5 points wins!
Fully armored and ready to fight! Claim the Cinderguard Bundle, which includes:
- Cinderguard Thor Skin
- Thor Legend Unlock
- Sol Smasher Hammer Weapon Skin
This promotion is available for all Amazon Prime members in supported regions to unlock for free. Claim your loot at brawlhalla.com/prime.
The free-to-play Legend rotation for this week features the debut of Loki – The Mastermind and God of Schemes! Also: Tezca, Mirage, Ember, Thor, Cross, Ulgrim, Jaeyun, and Sidra.
- Loki – The God of Schemes, also known as the Mastermind, has returned to Valhalla after a brief 4,214 year imprisonment in Terminus. With Jr. Mungandr at his side, Loki competes in his brother’s Grand Tournament with Scythe and Katars!
- Tezca – The greatest luchador in the world who also became an ancient god. Tezca makes his own rules in the ring with his Gauntlets and Battle Boots!
- Mirage – An occultist, martial artist, and spy, this agent uses the powers of magic and time-travel along with her Scythe and Spear to take down her foes.
- Ember – This quick and dexterous elf does battle in Valhalla with Bow, Katars and her two companions: a wolf named Ash and her raven named Yarra.
- Thor – Finally entering the ring, Thor, God of Thunder, makes his appearance in the Grand Tournament with his trusty Hammer, Mjölnir, and his powerful Orb.
- Cross – For years he has owned New York City, but can he do the same in Valhalla? This charismatic mobster steps into Valhalla with Blasters and Gauntlets.
- Ulgrim – Equipped with flawless Ivaldi creations, his Axe and Rocket Lance, the legendary blacksmith forges his way into battle!
- Jaeyun – The legendary mercenary who has traveled across the Old Kingdom on the back of his dragon turtle companion Imugi, Jaeyun has discovered new riches and sights in Valhalla! He brings the Greatsword and Sword to battle in the Grand Tournament.
- Sidra – Known for her legendary and fearless raids, the Corsair Queen is prepared to fight with her Sword and Cannon!