A sentient robot with a passion for engineering, Seven is ready to build her way to victory in Brawlhalla! With her trusty Mega Wrench Spear, Handcrafted Cannon, and custom mechanized creations, she’s a formidable foe in the Grand Tournament.
Along with Seven’s debut, we’re celebrating the Brawlhalliest, jolliest time of the year! Sentinel brings justice no matter the temperature in his new cold weather suit, and Fait’s brought her coziest sweater and a cup of hot cocoa. Also featuring a new Sidekick & Emojis alongside many more seasonal favorites!
Patch 8.03 also includes a balance pass, new features like Bot Behavior Improvements, new Scythe and Katars challenges to the preview in Offline Play, full localization in Turkish & Latin-American Spanish, and much more. The fight for Glory begins again in Ranked Season 31 starting on January 10th!
- Seven – “The Free Heart Engineer”
- Weapons: Spear, Cannon
- Stats: 7 Strength, 3 Dexterity, 8 Defense, 4 Speed
- “The Grand Tournament is a perfect testing ground for Seven’s new creations. In between matches, she’ll often hop the fence to collect the leftover bits of weaponry and armor to build something out of.”
Seven launches with a new feature on her Spear Signature attack kit called Mode Swapping. Using Spear Down Signature will add or remove a flamethrower attachment to her Spear.
- Normally, Seven’s Neutral, Side Spear, and Down Signatures are electricity based attacks, which are good for strings and combos.
- With the flamethrower equipped, her Neutral, Side Spear, and Down Signatures are fire based attacks, which hit harder and are better for KOs.
The Free Heart Engineer is always modifying her appearance – Seven arrives with 3 new Skins!
- Firefighter Seven –“Stay calm! Stop, drop, and roll!”
- Tinyfigure Seven – “Watch where you step!”
- Wanderer Seven – “A masterless robot seeking atonement, and freedom for all mechanized beings.”
Jingle brawl the way! Celebrate the holiday season with brand new Skins for Sentinel & Fait, the first ever Brawlhallidays Sidekick: Miki, an ice crystal castle Winner Wonderland Podium, and an abundance of limited-time Items all available by following the snowflakes in Mallhalla.
Frost Tech Sentinel
- “With cutting-edge tech that improves his night vision!”
- The newest entry in the franchise sends Sentinel on a cold weather mission. He’s ready to fight any bad guy in his way with his Frostbitten Justice Hammer and Icy Slicers Katars.
Cozy Sweater Fait
- “Ready for some hot cocoa and KOs!”
- Bundled up and ready to battle! Fait’s in the festive season with her Hot Choco Orb and Merry Jingle Scythe.
Diamond Jack Caspian
- “He stole August 32nd so winter would come sooner.”
- “The polar bears and the powder are awesome this time of year”.
- The eyes on Jaeyun’s cap change color during lock-in & certain attacks!
Reindeer Games Gnash
- “He never misses a delivery.”
White Out Nix
- “She makes death cookies for the other skiers.”
Festive Yeti Onyx
- “Oh what fun it is to blast your opponents far away, hey!”
Frost Guardian Ragnir
- “Slashing through a winter wonderland.”
- “Ready to lead the cavalry this holiday season.”
Santa Wu Shang
- “He’s making a list and KO-ing you twice!”
Future Spirit Artemis
- “The ghost of knockouts yet to come.”
- “Exterminator. No job too big, or small, or seven-headed. Open holidays and nighttime.”
- “Neither mouse nor king can stand against true bravery.”
- “Don’t put rocks in snowballs. Someone could get hurt.”
- “He’s got this in the bag.”
Holly Jolly Ember
- “Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Stock.”
Wreck the Halls Teros
- “Who’s the most famous now?”
Secret Santa Thatch
- “Yo ho ho ho!”
- “Hoot hooooot!”
- “That game was too close, I’m melting!”
- An animated Emoji Skin!
Festive Yeti Heart
- “Om nom nom <3”
Diamond Jack Caspian
- “Try again next time!”
- “Easy as knocking out your 3 stocks!”
Winner Wonderland’23 Podium
- “Welcome to Ice Crystal Castle!”
- A festive Podium with all new art and sound effects exclusive to this year’s event!
Winter Holiday Colors
- Show off festive spirit with these red, green, and white colors!
- Available for every Legend with your hard-earned Gold.
- “Hope you brought a coat.”
- Knock out your opponents with chilly flair.
- “Watch out for frostbite!”
- Exclusive to the seasonal event, this Katar Weapon Skin is the pointiest icicles you’ve ever seen!
Bomby the Snowman
- “And he waved goodbye, saying don’t you cry. Stand a safe distance away.”
- An exclusive animated Avatar!
- “Only Thor can catch this on his tongue.”
- Can be purchased with your hard-earned Gold!
The Brawlhallidays 2023 event also features:
- A free “Most Famous Reindeer” Title by logging on to Brawlhalla during the event!
- Daily login bonus of 250 Gold to celebrate.
- Snow spread across a few Maps in Brawlhalla.
- Holiday-themed UI Takeover!
- Follow the snowflakes in Mallhalla to find all the exclusive items.
Are you ready? Koji sensei has added 2 more Challenges for you to sharpen your skills! You may have studied the blade, but have you mastered the sharpened blades of Katars and Scythe?
Katars Bread n` Butter
- Two basic Katars bread and butter true combos. Great for starting strings or to force your opponents to dodge!
Scythe Punishment Combo
- Become just like your favorite Fenrir Mordex player with this lengthy Scythe Punish Combo that utilizes both normal and active input attacks. Very useful against players caught with their dodge on cooldown!
For Patch 8.03, we’ve added new supported languages to Brawlhalla: Turkish and Latin-American Spanish!
To change the language in-game, go to the “Options” tab from the Player Menu at the top right of the screen, select “System Settings” and toggle through the left/right arrows next to “Language” until you find your preferred one.
We want these new supported languages to work best for you, the players that will be using them, so we’re treating them the same way we treat other Experimental features. If you have any comments or suggestions, please let us know on our socials like Twitter and Discord.
Bots have many different personality traits now! Some like to jump more, some like to aggress and dash, or maybe you fight a Bot that likes to stay back and see what you do! Depending on the difficulty level, the Bots will have better control of their movement options and have many different levels and combinations of these personality traits and more.
Easier Bots (“Easy” through “Medium”) are able to be defeated/overpowered much quicker.
More difficult Bots (“Hard” through “Chosen”)
- Now utilize Dash and fast falling in ways they didn’t before and make use of more subtle movement mechanics.
- Now have the ability to “Weapon starve” (depending on the Bot) in different ways.
Beyond Glory, there is immortality! Get ready to collect your Glory and begin the Ranked climb once more.
Are you ready to take your place among the Legends and earn the highly coveted Valhallan Rank? The battles begin on January 10th, 2024!
With the Brawlhalla World Championship behind us, we are now in the official esports offseason. The esports offseason is a time where we can be more experimental with competitive gameplay updates.
During this offseason, you can look forward to new competitive features like the recently graduated Backdash update, a new tournament Map pool, and more frequent balance changes leading up to the start of Esports Year Nine. With each change, we will be sure to monitor feedback closely.
In Patch 8.01, the tournament Map pool was updated to feature a selection of Maps that encourage counter-picking during a best-of-three or best-of-five set in competitive play.
Competitors can now choose from a diverse selection of Maps that fit specific platform archetypes. The increased Map pool size and variety of archetypes creates situations for players to ban opponents to the kinds of Maps they want to play on. Counter picking should now have a more tangible impact on the Map pool than previously.
We’re excited to see a wider variety of competitive Maps be selected in Brawlhalla Esports Year Nine!
Here are the changes to the tournament Map pool in this patch:
- Small Brawlhaven and Apocalypse have been removed from the 1v1 and 2v2 tournament Map pool.
- Small World’s End and Bikini Bottom have been added to the 1v1 and 2v2 tournament Map pool.
- Fixed a bug on Bikini Bottom where players would get instantly KO’d if they got hit into the coral spike at the bottom.
- Art adjustments to Halo to improve the readability of the edges of the platform.
To support the tournament Map pool getting larger in size, here’s a reminder that we added a new feature in 8.02 to help you curate the Maps that you play in Ranked:
- Players can now ban two Maps individually in all queues.
We are also working on an update to Color exclusion rules and Mishima Dojo to address issues seeing certain Colors on this Map. If you have feedback on the Map pool, remember to let us know on Twitter & Discord.
Hold to Dodge is a new Test Feature that allows players to hold down the Dodge button while being hit so that they can Dodge on the first available frame. Everyone can try out this feature by enabling Test Features in Custom Games or by playing in the Experimental queue.
Hold to Dodge
- If you press and hold the Dodge button after getting hit, you will attempt to Dodge in the held direction on the first available frame after hitstun.
- This helps make the windows for escaping strings available to players of all skill levels and limits button mashing.
This balance pass is the second of the three waves of balance during the esports offseason. It contains several improvements to key attacks for underperforming Weapons, further updates to Gauntlets and Rocket Lance stun values, and improvements to a number of underused Signatures. You can look forward to the final offseason balance pass in the next patch.
We have reduced the Damage of the Axe Neutral Light to better match its wide coverage and lengthy Hit Window. The Axe Down Light now has longer Recover time on miss for a clearer opportunity to retaliate against this sizable attack.
- Axe Neutral Light: Decreased Damage from 19 to 17.
- Axe Down Light: Increased Recover time on miss from 12 Fixed/11 Variable to 14 Fixed/11 Variable.
The Blasters lack of threat near the user has caused this Weapon to fall behind the others with the recent Dash enhancements, as it is now easier than ever to maneuver into the dead zone of this Weapon. We have increased the threat coverage near the user for the first blast of the Down Light to provide a high-risk, high-reward option in those situations.
- Blasters Down Light: Increased threat coverage near the user during the first blast.
The recent Stun reduction of the Gauntlets Neutral Air has proven to be too severe of a decrease at the early-to-mid health ranges. We have increased the Stun, which now sits just below its previous value in order to maintain a Dodge Window before a Gravity Cancel Side Light follow-up at mid-health ranges.
- Gauntlets Neutral Air: Increased Stun from 12 to 15.
The Orb can often struggle to score knockouts with its base kit, so we have slightly increased the Force of the Side Air. This provides a greater reward to compensate for the Side Air’s low total threat coverage and short Hit Window and brings it closer in line with similar options on other Weapons.
- Orb Side Air: Increased Force from 55 Fixed/40 Variable to 55 Fixed/42 Variable.
We have restored most of the previously reduced Stun on the back end of the Rocket Lance Neutral Air, to provide consistently greater Frame Advantage when striking with the latter half of the attack. This still maintains tight Dodge Windows before most follow-up attacks.
- Rocket Lance Neutral Air: Slightly increased Stun from a range of 29~18 to a range of 29~24.
The Sword Down Air now has greater Stun for tighter Dodge Windows before follow-up attacks. This firmly establishes the Down Air as a chief option for continued strings and greater potential damage.
- Sword Down Air: Increased Stun from 16 to 18.
Ezio’s Side Orb would often inflict very little Damage when striking from a distance, so we have focused most of this attack’s Damage into that final hit to increase its expected value. We have also slightly increased the total Damage of this attack to better match other similar Signatures. Ezio’s Side Sword now has greater Force to better match the reward on hit to the risk of its total duration on miss.
- Ezio Side Orb: Increased total Damage from 22 to 24; Focused the Damage more on the final hit.
- Ezio Side Sword: Increased Force from 50 Fixed/50 Variable to 50 Fixed/52 Variable.
We have reduced the Minimum Charge time of Fait’s Down Scythe for more reliable use. This allows for a quicker response when using it to teleport and punish an opponent’s missed attack, or when using it as a surprise approach tool.
- Fait Down Scythe: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 10 to 7.
Mako’s Side Katars now have significantly less Minimum Charge time to compensate for its relatively low total threat coverage and short reach from the user.
- Mako Side Katars: Decreased Minimum Charge time from 16 to 12.
We have increased the Force and Damage of Vector’s Down Rocket Lance to better fit its niche usage and provide more consistent reward in a wider variety of situations.
- Vector Down Rocket Lance: Increased Damage from 9 per projectile to 11 per projectile; Increased Force from 55 Fixed/49 Variable to 55 Fixed/51 Variable.
Zariel’s Side Gauntlets now has greater Minimum Charge time to better match its total threat coverage and significant reach.
- Zariel Side Gauntlets: Increased Minimum Charge time from 10 to 13.
- Improved the Dash Dancing challenge.
Art & Animation
- Additional Emote animation adjustments on SpongeBob.
- New “Meet the Legends grid, now separated into pages!
- Added a “Mythic” filter to Mallhalla on mobile platforms.
- Adjusted scale & placement for SpongeBob and Patrick in the pre-match and Meet the Legends screens.
- Fixed a bug where if a player got hit within 2 frames of their Chase Dodge after a Gravity Cancel, they would get the grounded Dodge cool down.
- Fixed a bug where a player could get around the grounded Dodge cooldown from Gravity Cancels by Chase Dodging in certain scenarios.
- Fixed a bug where the Sensei was unable to complete the Advanced Gauntlet String challenge.
- Fixed a bug where players’ spectate delay settings would not save.
- Fixed a bug where the Crystal Clutch Gauntlets were missing from players’ inventory.
Art & Animation
- Fixed a bug where SpongeBob would face the wrong way when doing the Buddy version of the Fist Bump Emote.
Celebrate the holidays and get your team Snowbrawl on at 150% damage! Grab a partner and face off against another team in this 3 minute 2v2. Score 1 point for hitting someone with a snowball, 3 points for getting a KO, and lose 1 point for being KO’d. Most points at the end wins!
- 2v2 Snowbrawl
- 150% damage
- 3 minutes
- Most points at the end wins!
The free-to-play Legend rotation for this week features Sentinel, Petra, Rayman, Yumiko, Arcadia, Fait, Sidra, Lord Vraxx, and Orion!
- Sentinel – The first and greatest costumed superhero in America has come to Asgard, finding those who need protecting and vanquishing injustice with his Katars and Hammer.
- Petra – Having been set free from Terminus, Petra sets her eyes on Valhalla with her Orb, Gauntlets, and Darkheart powers.
- Rayman – The Champion of the Glade of Dreams, wielding his Gauntlets and Axe, has found his way into Valhalla on a mission to save his home.
- Yumiko – Holding the appearance of a blind seamstress, this centuries old fox spirit has been brought into battle wielding her Magical Hammer and Bow!
- Arcadia – The humble beetle farmer turned Glorious Queen of the Faefolk. Arcadia, the great champion of the Fangwild, fights in the Grand Tournament with Orma – the singing Greatsword, her Eldritch Thorn Spear, and trusty beetle companion Domo.
- Fait – Speaking to the stars and using glimpses of the future, Fait battles for good with her Scythe and Orb!
- Sidra – Known for her legendary and fearless raids, the Corsair Queen is prepared to fight with her Sword and Cannon!
- Lord Vraxx – This feared warlord dominates his opponents with Rocket Lance and Blasters. Now join the Zhaktari in kneeling before him or your planet will be destroyed!
- Orion – A revered warrior and champion, the mysterious armored knight uses Rocket Lance and Spear to battle his foes in the halls of Valhalla!